At ROCKFORGE we are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of our customers. In particular, we want you to know that ROCKFORGE is not in the business of selling, renting or trading email lists with other companies and businesses for marketing purposes.
Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at ROCKFORGE, and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. ROCKFORGE is also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it, in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulations.
This policy provides you with information about:
- how we use your data;
- what personal data we collect;
- how we ensure your privacy is maintained;
- your legal rights relating to your personal data; and
- the legal basis for ROCKFORGE processing customer personal
How We Use Your Data
ROCKFORGE will use your personal data:
- to provide goods and services to you;
- to manage any account that you hold with us;
- to verify your identity;
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically about products and services which we think may interest you;
- to enable us to manage customer service interactions with you; and
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
ROCKFORGE will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with:
- our IT providers to enable them to maintain our systems;
- credit reference agencies where necessary for account management;
- governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so: –
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
- for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
- for the protection of our employees and
ROCKFORGE will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data.
What Personal Data We Collect
ROCKFORGE may collect the following information about you:
- your name;
- your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
- purchases and orders made by you;
- when you make a purchase or place an order with us, your payment card details;
- your communication and marketing preferences;
- your correspondence and communications with ROCKFORGE; and
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you set up an account, or send an email to our customer services team. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example credit reference agencies.
How We Protect Your Data
ROCKFORGE is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure. Our security measures include: –
- encryption of data;
- regular cyber security assessments of all service providers who may handle your personal data;
- security controls which protect the entire ROCKFORGE IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access; and
- internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time;
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you; and
- the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
Legal Basis For ROCKFORGE Processing Customer’s Personal Data
ROCKFORGE collects and uses customers’ personal data because is it necessary for:
- the pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below);
- the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods;
- the purposes of managing your credit account; or
- complying with our legal
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers via email or text message.
Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Our Legitimate Interests
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of ROCKFORGE, including:
- selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;
- protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
- improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- preventing, investigating and detecting crime or fraud and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- managing warranty claims by customers;
- protecting ROCKFORGE, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to ROCKFORGE;
- effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against ROCKFORGE; and
- fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, and other
If you have any questions about how ROCKFORGE uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by any of the following means:
- Phone us on: 01525 493333;
- E-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Write to us at:
C/O The Electrolux Business Complex
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk.
This policy was last updated in April 2018.